Light brown or chestnut in color, very murky. Head is tan colored, thick, frothy, and never goes away. Aroma is a bit boozy yet very inviting. Malt, oak, and cherry on the nose. The taste is incredible. Malt forward and rich with a ton of complex flavors. Dark fruits like cherry, fig, dates, prunes, and raisins. Earthy hops and some vanilla and nut. Tastes barrel aged, with oak and wood, even some rum. Slightly sweet, like brown sugar or molasses. Mouthfeel is velvety, low carbonation, syrupy, and full bodied. Finish leaves a smooth and creamy flavor, but full of alcohol with a nice warming feeling. We brought this back from the brewery a couple years ago and glad we finally opened it because 7 years in the bottle worked beautifully!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Accumulated Knowledge. 56 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Green Coyote Tomatillo Sour. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Lava Smoked Imperial Porter. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Fruit and Milk. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Sin-Tax. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity