Orval pours a medium amber color, non-transparent. There’s a solid, two finger thick, off-white soapy head. But it thins pretty quickly and is a beer without much head retention. The aroma is well balanced among yeast, hops, fruit, and spice. With the taste, we get some oaky flavors and Belgian yeast right off the bat, followed by floral hops and fruit. Fig, raisin, banana and pear. But it’s not heavy on the fruit flavors. Bready, doughy malts with a mild sweetness. The spice flavor seems like clove and nutmeg. Medium body with ample carbonation. But what’s key to this beer is that all of the flavors are equal and in moderation, creating a beer that is complex and rewarding. An excellent Trappist Ale – cheers to Orval Day!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Feminist. 29 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Oberon Ale. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: Master of Disguise. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Oktober Fuel. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Afterglow. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lily Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity