Listed as a Belgian-inspired strong golden ale, Brooklyn Local 1 is one of the best American-brewery takes on the Belgian-style that we have come across. It pours a super pale, light straw color with enough haziness that you can't see through it. There is a ton of snow white, fluffy head with plenty of bubbly carbonation. The aroma is that of Belgian yeast with light banana and yogurt notes. The flavor is classic Belgian, smooth and drinkable. There is a subtle flan-like sweetness but it is not overly sweet. The 9% ABV is hidden to the point that it defies logic. It has a creamy, dry finish that leaves you in anticipation for the next sip. This is a quality effort that stacks up well with the best of the style, even those originating from Belgium.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to Oktoberfestivus. 17 minutes ago
- ghost74 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dragging Anchors. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for La Morena. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Puesta del Sol. 5 hours ago
- budman1 listened to IPAs East and West. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity