Listed as a Belgian-inspired strong golden ale, Brooklyn Local 1 is one of the best American-brewery takes on the Belgian-style that we have come across. It pours a super pale, light straw color with enough haziness that you can't see through it. There is a ton of snow white, fluffy head with plenty of bubbly carbonation. The aroma is that of Belgian yeast with light banana and yogurt notes. The flavor is classic Belgian, smooth and drinkable. There is a subtle flan-like sweetness but it is not overly sweet. The 9% ABV is hidden to the point that it defies logic. It has a creamy, dry finish that leaves you in anticipation for the next sip. This is a quality effort that stacks up well with the best of the style, even those originating from Belgium.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 15 minutes ago
- spaceman23 listened to Christmas Special. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Scorpius Morchella. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Operation IPA Overload. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Pistil. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for To The Trees. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity