Links:Brooklyn Brewery Website
Rating:What did you think of it? Never Tried It
Podcast: Cleaning out the Fridge
Listed as a Belgian-inspired strong golden ale, Brooklyn Local 1 is one of the best American-brewery takes on the Belgian-style that we have come across. It pours a super pale, light straw color with enough haziness that you can't see through it. There is a ton of snow white, fluffy head with plenty of bubbly carbonation. The aroma is that of Belgian yeast with light banana and yogurt notes. The flavor is classic Belgian, smooth and drinkable. There is a subtle flan-like sweetness but it is not overly sweet. The 9% ABV is hidden to the point that it defies logic. It has a creamy, dry finish that leaves you in anticipation for the next sip. This is a quality effort that stacks up well with the best of the style, even those originating from Belgium.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Ten Fidy. 9 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Ode etta Sahti. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for CHP - Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Sin-Tax. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Clencher Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Green City. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Kernza Pils. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Summer Beers 2022
mackleminor Mar 2, 2016 at 12:15AMI would seek this out and buy it every time I saw it, but sadly it's hard to get on the West Coast. I really enjoyed this beer because it's super drinkable and is more complex than I thought it would be. It's still light enough you could easily knock back a couple without thinking twice or slogging through it. In eBay terminology what I'm saying is: A++++++, 5/5, would drink again!
Leave a Comment: