Listed as a Belgian-inspired strong golden ale, Brooklyn Local 1 is one of the best American-brewery takes on the Belgian-style that we have come across. It pours a super pale, light straw color with enough haziness that you can't see through it. There is a ton of snow white, fluffy head with plenty of bubbly carbonation. The aroma is that of Belgian yeast with light banana and yogurt notes. The flavor is classic Belgian, smooth and drinkable. There is a subtle flan-like sweetness but it is not overly sweet. The 9% ABV is hidden to the point that it defies logic. It has a creamy, dry finish that leaves you in anticipation for the next sip. This is a quality effort that stacks up well with the best of the style, even those originating from Belgium.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Birra Nursia Extra Abbey Ale. 56 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Levadura. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Warsteiner Oktoberfest. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 10. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Odell IPA. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Unfiltered Sculpin. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity