Old Fashioned Lemonade IPA
Pours a cloudy orange gold color with a white bubbly head. Aroma is citrusy and juicy, with both lemon and stone fruit. Taste is surprisingly less lemonade-like than we expected. There is some lemon, but it's peach and pear flavors that seem to be most present. And some tropical fruit in the form of pineapple juice. Malts provide a bit of sweetness, but there's also sourness reminiscent of whiskey sours late at night at a dive bar. Mouthfeel is juicy and syrupy with soft carbonation. Some lemon tartness in the finish but no noticeable bitterness. An interesting beer for sure, but not really typical for the IPA style. The alcohol is well hidden, and this would go well sitting by the pool on a hot summer day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Whimsy. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Miscellanea Vol. 2. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Log Yard IPA. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Worth the Squeeze IPA. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Triple Berry Shake. 7 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Jersey Long Hots. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity