Color is dark brown, almost black with an equally dark brown head that is creamy and over a finger thick. Boozy aroma - lots of toasted malt and chocolate and dark fruit. Whoa, taste is big and bold. Boozy from start to finish with a burn like you just took a whiskey shot. Dark chocolate, molasses, dark fruit, coffee, vanilla, and lactose. There's a pleasant caramel sweetness but nowhere near becoming a dessert beer. Earthy hops but those take a backseat to all the rich malt flavors. Full bodied and viscous with a velvety mouthfeel. It's strong, but at 17.2% what did you expect? Enjoy this slowly and appreciate the smooth, lingering flavor with each sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Karl Strauss Mosaic Session Ale. 46 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Icelandic Toasted Porter. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Goosed. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Beaver State Brews. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity