Color is dark brown, almost black with an equally dark brown head that is creamy and over a finger thick. Boozy aroma - lots of toasted malt and chocolate and dark fruit. Whoa, taste is big and bold. Boozy from start to finish with a burn like you just took a whiskey shot. Dark chocolate, molasses, dark fruit, coffee, vanilla, and lactose. There's a pleasant caramel sweetness but nowhere near becoming a dessert beer. Earthy hops but those take a backseat to all the rich malt flavors. Full bodied and viscous with a velvety mouthfeel. It's strong, but at 17.2% what did you expect? Enjoy this slowly and appreciate the smooth, lingering flavor with each sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. 20 minutes ago
- Vette432 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium Ben & Jerry's). 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tower Station IPA. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hangar 24 Amarillo Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Head Full of Dynomite v.5. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap