We aged the Galaxy-hopped Muis for over a year (bottled on 5/16/16) before popping it open this week. It's very hazy and opaque, pouring a soft, golden yellow color. The head is very white, bubbly, and frothy. Some visible yeast appears at the bottom of the glass, but even it is obscured by the cloudiness of this beer. Aroma of Brettanomyces and fruit, but mostly Brett. Taste is phenomenal, first with the Belgian yeast flavors that you expect from this style. But also some barnyard funk that is the central flavor, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Some banana, guava, and citrus fruit flavors, with a grain bill that tastes of wheat or oat. The fruit intensity seems to increase with each sip, with the Brett funk decreasing at the same time. Mouthfeel is crisp and well carbonated, very little tartness, with a dry finish that provides a smooth, lingering finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Zywiec Porter 1881. 17 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Enjoy By 04.20.21 Hazy IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to Oktoberfestivus. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dragging Anchors. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for La Morena. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity