Lips of Faith - Blackberry Barleywine
Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 50 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Lot No. 3 IPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 2 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for F* Cancer IPA. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Reason for the Season Coffee Cream Stout. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Tellin' Lies. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha King. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity