Lips of Faith - Blackberry Barleywine
Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for On the Fly. 4 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Winter Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Sumatra Mountain Brown. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Mosaic Promise. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Supajuice. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 100th Episode!. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Some Pumpkins. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Windows Up. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity