Lips of Faith - Blackberry Barleywine
Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 listened to What's My Name Again?. 18 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Abita Octoberfest. 58 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Anderson Valley Briney Melon Gose. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lot No. 3 IPA. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Vanilla Bean Mexican Chocolate Stout. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Ginnepin Saison Ale. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Xtra-Citra Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Drunken Master. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity