Lips of Faith - Blackberry Barleywine
Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Maduro. 20 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Truck Trail. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for West Coast AF Double IPA. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Cherenkov Russian Imperial Stout . 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Patterns Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Pumpkin Harvest Ale. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Imperial Tanilla Porter. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity