Lips of Faith - Blackberry Barleywine
Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 32 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Ultra Violet Blackberry Sour Ale. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mogli. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Samuel Adams Brown Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity