Lips of Faith - Blackberry Barleywine
Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 listened to White Night. 59 minutes ago
- Irishnc listened to Oktoberfestivus. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Rogue Honey Kolsch. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Beard Tax. 3 hours ago
- lposada and 1 other listened to Stouterday Night Live. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for ZeeLander. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Oil Piers Gingerbread Spiced Porter. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity