Lips of Faith - Blackberry Barleywine
Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Icelandic Winter Ale (2016). 13 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 59 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Sharkinator White IPA. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Azacca IPA. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Brasserie Des Rocs Brune. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpers Trout Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Rogue Cold Brew IPA. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Shuttle Bunny (8th Anniversary) Double White IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity