Lips of Faith - Blackberry Barleywine
Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming listened to San Diego Part 1. 1 hour ago
- lposada listened to Christmas Special. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bro-Kini. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Double Toasted Marshmallow. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Stout at the Devil. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Deserables. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity