This pours a dark copper color with an aroma of Belgian yeast, brown sugar and dry caramel. The taste is very complex with malty bread mixed with raisins, brown sugar, plantains, and a lot of sweetness that moves into the aftertaste. Whereas a lot of American-made Belgian-style beers don't quite stack up in quality to the monks, this manages to retain an American identity and offer up a richness and a complexity that works exceedingly well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 listened to Winter is Here. 21 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Suicide Squeeze IPA. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Cherry Chocolate Stout. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Kiwanda Cream Ale. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Maduro. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity