This pours a dark copper color with an aroma of Belgian yeast, brown sugar and dry caramel. The taste is very complex with malty bread mixed with raisins, brown sugar, plantains, and a lot of sweetness that moves into the aftertaste. Whereas a lot of American-made Belgian-style beers don't quite stack up in quality to the monks, this manages to retain an American identity and offer up a richness and a complexity that works exceedingly well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 7 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 51 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity