Pours a dark brown color with a dark tan head. The head thins quickly, but leaves plenty of nice lacing on the glass. Strong, boozy aroma. Taste has some of the normal traditional stout flavors like toasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and caramel. The whisky barrel flavors are present too, with oak and some bourbon-like sweetness. But there's also a slightly sour element that surprised us a bit. The sourness is pleasant, just not what we expected for this style. Medium to full body with a sticky mouthfeel. This is a sipper that you should let warm up a bit if you had it in the fridge. The booziness from the aroma burns off and the beer is more complex and tasty as you let the beer breathe a bit. Overall a very good imperial stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to San Diego Craft Beer Medley. 39 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Swirly - Chocolate/Vanilla Swirled Ale. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Phluff Head. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for STS Pils. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for The Blue. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Red, White, and Peach. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity