Color is reddish amber, non-transparent, with two fingers of white, bubbly head. It fades just a bit, then lingers for some time with a lot of lacing on the glass. Amazing aroma of strawberries and wood barrels. Definitely some funk going on here and a high amount of tartness with the first sip. Strong and sharp, with plenty of those barnyard, wet horse blanket notes. You can clearly detect the woody, barrel-aging flavors. Then we get the strawberries which are more tart than sweet, and nicely complement the yeast and an underlying maltiness. Mouthfeel is crisp and dry, with lively carbonation. Only 5.3% ABV, but this packs a ton of flavor and complexity.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 10 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for PB & Jeff. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Ho Ho Holly Jolly Christmas Beers. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Stouterday Night Live. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 and 1 other added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Every Day, Once a Day, Give Yourself an IPA. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Young's Double Chocolate Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity