Color is reddish amber, non-transparent, with two fingers of white, bubbly head. It fades just a bit, then lingers for some time with a lot of lacing on the glass. Amazing aroma of strawberries and wood barrels. Definitely some funk going on here and a high amount of tartness with the first sip. Strong and sharp, with plenty of those barnyard, wet horse blanket notes. You can clearly detect the woody, barrel-aging flavors. Then we get the strawberries which are more tart than sweet, and nicely complement the yeast and an underlying maltiness. Mouthfeel is crisp and dry, with lively carbonation. Only 5.3% ABV, but this packs a ton of flavor and complexity.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Karl Strauss Mosaic Session Ale. 52 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Icelandic Toasted Porter. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Goosed. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Beaver State Brews. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity