Brooklyn Local 1
Listed as a Belgian-inspired strong golden ale, Brooklyn Local 1 is one of the best American-brewery takes on the Belgian-style that we have come across. It pours a super pale, light straw color with enough haziness that you can't see through it. There is a ton of snow white, fluffy head with plenty of bubbly carbonation. The aroma is that of Belgian yeast with light banana and yogurt notes. The flavor is classic Belgian, smooth and drinkable. There is a subtle flan-like sweetness but it is not overly sweet. The 9% ABV is hidden to the point that it defies logic. It has a creamy, dry finish that leaves you in anticipation for the next sip. This is a quality effort that stacks up well with the best of the style, even those originating from Belgium.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc listened to Pacific Northwest. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Cherry Chocolate Stout. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Deadly Combination: Nelson + Mosaic. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Black Sand Imperial IPA. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Avant Garde. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Blueberry Trainwreck. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Rock the Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Pelican. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity