Brooklyn Local 1
Listed as a Belgian-inspired strong golden ale, Brooklyn Local 1 is one of the best American-brewery takes on the Belgian-style that we have come across. It pours a super pale, light straw color with enough haziness that you can't see through it. There is a ton of snow white, fluffy head with plenty of bubbly carbonation. The aroma is that of Belgian yeast with light banana and yogurt notes. The flavor is classic Belgian, smooth and drinkable. There is a subtle flan-like sweetness but it is not overly sweet. The 9% ABV is hidden to the point that it defies logic. It has a creamy, dry finish that leaves you in anticipation for the next sip. This is a quality effort that stacks up well with the best of the style, even those originating from Belgium.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for The Calling IPA. 30 minutes ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Sam Adams Octoberfest. 50 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Exploring the Vault. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Exemption (Peach Brandy Barrel). 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Worth the Squeeze IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for 5 O'Clock Pils. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Oberon Ale. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity