Brooklyn Local 1
Listed as a Belgian-inspired strong golden ale, Brooklyn Local 1 is one of the best American-brewery takes on the Belgian-style that we have come across. It pours a super pale, light straw color with enough haziness that you can't see through it. There is a ton of snow white, fluffy head with plenty of bubbly carbonation. The aroma is that of Belgian yeast with light banana and yogurt notes. The flavor is classic Belgian, smooth and drinkable. There is a subtle flan-like sweetness but it is not overly sweet. The 9% ABV is hidden to the point that it defies logic. It has a creamy, dry finish that leaves you in anticipation for the next sip. This is a quality effort that stacks up well with the best of the style, even those originating from Belgium.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Thai Wheat. 23 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Zero Buttons IPA. 50 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Think Tank #17. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium + Ben & Jerry's). 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity