Brooklyn Local 1
Listed as a Belgian-inspired strong golden ale, Brooklyn Local 1 is one of the best American-brewery takes on the Belgian-style that we have come across. It pours a super pale, light straw color with enough haziness that you can't see through it. There is a ton of snow white, fluffy head with plenty of bubbly carbonation. The aroma is that of Belgian yeast with light banana and yogurt notes. The flavor is classic Belgian, smooth and drinkable. There is a subtle flan-like sweetness but it is not overly sweet. The 9% ABV is hidden to the point that it defies logic. It has a creamy, dry finish that leaves you in anticipation for the next sip. This is a quality effort that stacks up well with the best of the style, even those originating from Belgium.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Filbert. 37 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Funky Pumpkin. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dirty Bastard Ale. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Buddy Black Rye IPA. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Apotheosis. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for AW-JEFF IT!. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Grandview Golden Ale. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Copperpop. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity