Bretta Rose No. 003
We aged the Bretta Rose (Batch No. 3) for almost a year and a half after bottling (February 2016) before taking it out of the cellar for this tasting. It pours a non-transparent, reddish color, just like rose. Super white, frothy head with a constant string of bubbles that rises up from the bottom of the glass. Strong, floral aroma of both Brett and fruity raspberries. You can also smell the oak barrels in the aroma. Taste is similar, with lots of raspberry fruit. The Brett funk is still there, but it's pretty gentle. And the oak and wood flavors from the barrel smooth things out. Dry mouthfeel with good carbonation. The finish is refreshing and crisp, with a tart acidity that lingers. A really nice wild ale from Firestone Walker's Barrelworks.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for 20th Anniversary Ale. 2 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Poetic Pestilence. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Buena Vista IPA. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Vicinity. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Hop Whoopin'. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Compunction. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity