Bretta Rose No. 003
We aged the Bretta Rose (Batch No. 3) for almost a year and a half after bottling (February 2016) before taking it out of the cellar for this tasting. It pours a non-transparent, reddish color, just like rose. Super white, frothy head with a constant string of bubbles that rises up from the bottom of the glass. Strong, floral aroma of both Brett and fruity raspberries. You can also smell the oak barrels in the aroma. Taste is similar, with lots of raspberry fruit. The Brett funk is still there, but it's pretty gentle. And the oak and wood flavors from the barrel smooth things out. Dry mouthfeel with good carbonation. The finish is refreshing and crisp, with a tart acidity that lingers. A really nice wild ale from Firestone Walker's Barrelworks.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Downtown Brown. 28 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Mackeson Triple XXX Stout. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Some Pumpkins. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other listened to From the Archives Part 1. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Piraat Ale. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Saison Nouveau. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity