Bretta Rose No. 003
We aged the Bretta Rose (Batch No. 3) for almost a year and a half after bottling (February 2016) before taking it out of the cellar for this tasting. It pours a non-transparent, reddish color, just like rose. Super white, frothy head with a constant string of bubbles that rises up from the bottom of the glass. Strong, floral aroma of both Brett and fruity raspberries. You can also smell the oak barrels in the aroma. Taste is similar, with lots of raspberry fruit. The Brett funk is still there, but it's pretty gentle. And the oak and wood flavors from the barrel smooth things out. Dry mouthfeel with good carbonation. The finish is refreshing and crisp, with a tart acidity that lingers. A really nice wild ale from Firestone Walker's Barrelworks.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Lemon Drip. 2 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Über Affengeil. 38 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Santilli. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Double Scatterbrain DDH w/Citra. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Double Dose IPA. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Today's Class: Beer 101. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for King Sue. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to Founders. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity