Bretta Rose No. 003
We aged the Bretta Rose (Batch No. 3) for almost a year and a half after bottling (February 2016) before taking it out of the cellar for this tasting. It pours a non-transparent, reddish color, just like rose. Super white, frothy head with a constant string of bubbles that rises up from the bottom of the glass. Strong, floral aroma of both Brett and fruity raspberries. You can also smell the oak barrels in the aroma. Taste is similar, with lots of raspberry fruit. The Brett funk is still there, but it's pretty gentle. And the oak and wood flavors from the barrel smooth things out. Dry mouthfeel with good carbonation. The finish is refreshing and crisp, with a tart acidity that lingers. A really nice wild ale from Firestone Walker's Barrelworks.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lilith's Brethren. 51 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Avery Twenty Three Anniversary. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Four Seasons Of Mother Earth - Winter. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for AleSchmidt Oktoberfest. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Schlafly White Lager. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Stouting Match. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity