Bretta Rose No. 003
We aged the Bretta Rose (Batch No. 3) for almost a year and a half after bottling (February 2016) before taking it out of the cellar for this tasting. It pours a non-transparent, reddish color, just like rose. Super white, frothy head with a constant string of bubbles that rises up from the bottom of the glass. Strong, floral aroma of both Brett and fruity raspberries. You can also smell the oak barrels in the aroma. Taste is similar, with lots of raspberry fruit. The Brett funk is still there, but it's pretty gentle. And the oak and wood flavors from the barrel smooth things out. Dry mouthfeel with good carbonation. The finish is refreshing and crisp, with a tart acidity that lingers. A really nice wild ale from Firestone Walker's Barrelworks.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Boone County Brown. 38 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Juice. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Spaten Oktoberfest. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Winter is Here. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to All About the Stout. 5 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Saint Archer Mosaic IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity