We aged the Bretta Rose (Batch No. 3) for almost a year and a half after bottling (February 2016) before taking it out of the cellar for this tasting. It pours a non-transparent, reddish color, just like rose. Super white, frothy head with a constant string of bubbles that rises up from the bottom of the glass. Strong, floral aroma of both Brett and fruity raspberries. You can also smell the oak barrels in the aroma. Taste is similar, with lots of raspberry fruit. The Brett funk is still there, but it's pretty gentle. And the oak and wood flavors from the barrel smooth things out. Dry mouthfeel with good carbonation. The finish is refreshing and crisp, with a tart acidity that lingers. A really nice wild ale from Firestone Walker's Barrelworks.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Killian's Irish Red. 33 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Time Traveller (2017). 59 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Prost Y'all - Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Ode etta Sahti. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for ber Affengeil. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Hop Streaker. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Beard Tax. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Jambi IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity