Black Sand Imperial IPA
Black Sand is one of the "twin" Imperial IPAs from Strand Brewing Co. It pours a dark copper color with a lacy head. Much like the White Sand, this is dominated by dark crystal malts and has a bit of a British feel to it. There are some hops, and they are a little fruity and tropical, maybe dragon fruit or lychee? In the middle you'll find a caramel sweetness, but also some burnt toffee notes, giving way to a pretty bitter finish. It's a nice, complex beer, but similar to the White Sand except for the darker color and a little more burnt toffee and caramel notes.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Moosehead Lager. 2 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Mount Kenya IPA. 54 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Benny and the Bretts Vol. 1. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Reuben's Brews Gose. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bakery: Coconut Macaroons. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity