Black Sand Imperial IPA
Black Sand is one of the "twin" Imperial IPAs from Strand Brewing Co. It pours a dark copper color with a lacy head. Much like the White Sand, this is dominated by dark crystal malts and has a bit of a British feel to it. There are some hops, and they are a little fruity and tropical, maybe dragon fruit or lychee? In the middle you'll find a caramel sweetness, but also some burnt toffee notes, giving way to a pretty bitter finish. It's a nice, complex beer, but similar to the White Sand except for the darker color and a little more burnt toffee and caramel notes.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Atticus IPA. 17 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 53 minutes ago
- Diesel5 listened to It's a Trappist!. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Cerasus Magnifera. 3 hours ago
- lposada listened to Christmas Special. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Root Bound. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Partying Past Burning Bridges. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Indian Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity