Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition
Color is dark, dark brown with a finger of tan, creamy head. Coffee dominated aroma, but also some dark chocolate. Taste is malt forward, with a super smooth mouthfeel. Minimal sweetness, instead the malts have a bold, roasted flavor that really opens up the coffee and dark chocolate flavors. Hops are herbal and earthy, but they certainly take a back seat to the malts. The 13.5% is pretty hidden. But the whiskey barrel flavors may sneak up on you. On the finish, there's a smooth, bourbon sweetness that balances with the bold, coffee flavors. If you like bourbon and if you like coffee, this is the beer for you.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Amalgamator. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Critical Band. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hop 2 It (Idaho Gem). 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Whale Bay. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Brownie Double Brown Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity