Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition
Color is dark, dark brown with a finger of tan, creamy head. Coffee dominated aroma, but also some dark chocolate. Taste is malt forward, with a super smooth mouthfeel. Minimal sweetness, instead the malts have a bold, roasted flavor that really opens up the coffee and dark chocolate flavors. Hops are herbal and earthy, but they certainly take a back seat to the malts. The 13.5% is pretty hidden. But the whiskey barrel flavors may sneak up on you. On the finish, there's a smooth, bourbon sweetness that balances with the bold, coffee flavors. If you like bourbon and if you like coffee, this is the beer for you.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 listened to Christmas Show 2018. 8 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Pistachio Cream Ale. 11 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for God Complex Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Cascade Blueberry 2013 Project. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Hopitoulas IPA. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Rare Form (Barrel Aged). 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Racer 5 IPA. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity