Ad Astra pours a murky dark brown with a robust white head that settles to a thin ring with thick lacing. The aroma is salted caramel with a little skunkiness mixed with a barley spent mash sweetness. It starts smoky in flavor and moves through some subtle caramel sweetness, with something borderlining on floral going on. It's very salty which goes surprisingly well with the wee heavy style, and also helps mask the alcohol with the slight sweet. It's medium to full bodied with a biting carbonation. It finishes with a lingering salty syrup aftertaste.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris listened to San Diego Part 1. 56 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for The Joaquin Dead Mexican Red Ale. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 listened to Exploring the Vault. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for KillaPilz. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pacific Prost. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for EZPZ Dry Hopped Pilsner. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity