As the very first beer we ever had from Melvin Brewing Company, 2x4 immediately catapulted itself up the ranks of the Double IPA category. It pours a super clear, golden color with a thick, off-white foamy head. Aroma is fresh and dank with melon and tropical fruit. Hop forward taste of tropical fruit, pine, and melon. This is a hop lover's delight, although there is an abundance of malty sweetness on the back end. Mouthfeel is slick and juicy with just a tad amount of citrus bitterness. At 9.9% ABV this is a big, bold, beer, but it's still remarkably drinkable. Finishes with a lingering sweetness and the temptation for another can.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Tropic Haze IPA. 38 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Olympia Beer. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Firestone Unfiltered DBA. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Spotted Cow. 3 hours ago
- plarson and 1 other listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Fera Fermentum. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Sour Power Hour. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity