Drunken Master pours a slightly cloudy, golden copper color. It has a thin, wispy head but with strong lacing the beer really sticks to the side of the glass. The aroma is strong with tons of resinous piny hops and tea leaf quality as well. This is a combination malt and hop bomb, but as is common with Melvin beers, the alcohol is high but surprising hidden. The malts are bready, bold, and very sweet, but the strong tropical and pine hops pair so well with the malts that neither come off as overwhelming. This delicate balance allows for an incredibly smooth and drinkable DIPA at 9.0%. A Drunken Master indeed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Edge of Mysteries: DDH Mosaic. 19 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for The Pupil. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Infinite Wishes 2017. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Boss Pour. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Donner Party Porter. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blue Bridge Coffee Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity