Drunken Master pours a slightly cloudy, golden copper color. It has a thin, wispy head but with strong lacing the beer really sticks to the side of the glass. The aroma is strong with tons of resinous piny hops and tea leaf quality as well. This is a combination malt and hop bomb, but as is common with Melvin beers, the alcohol is high but surprising hidden. The malts are bready, bold, and very sweet, but the strong tropical and pine hops pair so well with the malts that neither come off as overwhelming. This delicate balance allows for an incredibly smooth and drinkable DIPA at 9.0%. A Drunken Master indeed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Rajah. 40 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Orange County. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to All About the Stout. 2 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Pacific Northwest. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Santilli. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Safety Porpoises. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Cougar. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity