Drunken Master pours a slightly cloudy, golden copper color. It has a thin, wispy head but with strong lacing the beer really sticks to the side of the glass. The aroma is strong with tons of resinous piny hops and tea leaf quality as well. This is a combination malt and hop bomb, but as is common with Melvin beers, the alcohol is high but surprising hidden. The malts are bready, bold, and very sweet, but the strong tropical and pine hops pair so well with the malts that neither come off as overwhelming. This delicate balance allows for an incredibly smooth and drinkable DIPA at 9.0%. A Drunken Master indeed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Rve Coffee Stout - Mocha Hazelnut . 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to Founders. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to Pacific Northwest. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Derivative: El Dorado. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for 2nd Shift Brewing Kolsch. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for East River IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity