Barrel Project: Buzzerkeley
This version of Buzzerkeley is a Barrel-Aged Wild Sparkling Ale. Vintage #0001 from 2014 so it’s been in the bottle for a few years. It pours a cloudy, golden amber color. Head is creamy, foamy, off-white, and leaves some light lacing on the glass. The aroma has a nice funkiness, lots of Brettanomyces and a fruity, champagne-like aroma. Taste is phenomenal. Tart at first, with citrus and tropical fruit flavors; dry and very refreshing. Oak flavors from the Sauvignon Blanc barrels create a soft smoothness but also an earthy, woody bite. The Brett is noticeable, but perhaps the champagne yeast is more pronounced. A semi-sweet honey sweetness shows up in the finish, and the tartness seems to mellow out with each sip. As long as you like tart beers, this is unique twist that combines the qualities of both sour beer and champagne, and we found it to be quite enjoyable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 49 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Sharkinator White IPA. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Chocolate Indulgence. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to It's a Trappist!. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Sriracha Hot Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity