Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for PsycHOPathy IPA. 2 minutes ago
- RexMundi commented on beer Allagash Curieux. 37 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Another One. 48 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Redemption. 1 hour ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Mirror Universe. 3 hours ago
- RexMundi added a rating for Allagash Curieux. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Oktoberfestivus. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity