Double Chocolate Stout pours nearly black, letting very little light through. A nice thick, tan colored head sticks around to the last drop. The aroma is very chocolate forward with malt and hints of cream and vanilla. The mouthfeel is light for a stout, and the carbonation is a little lacking, making for a slight thinness that leaves you wanting it a bit, well, more stout. The taste is bittersweet chocolate and a nice, roasty malt bitter finish that balances well. There's a slight milky dairy aftertaste that builds as you continue to sip through the bottle. It's not a stout stout, so it's great for those who are looking for a nice, well balanced, super drinkable and enjoyable chocolate stout without getting scared.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 9 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 40 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Trade Bait. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for El Sully. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity