Double Chocolate Stout pours nearly black, letting very little light through. A nice thick, tan colored head sticks around to the last drop. The aroma is very chocolate forward with malt and hints of cream and vanilla. The mouthfeel is light for a stout, and the carbonation is a little lacking, making for a slight thinness that leaves you wanting it a bit, well, more stout. The taste is bittersweet chocolate and a nice, roasty malt bitter finish that balances well. There's a slight milky dairy aftertaste that builds as you continue to sip through the bottle. It's not a stout stout, so it's great for those who are looking for a nice, well balanced, super drinkable and enjoyable chocolate stout without getting scared.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Flying Fish XPA. 2 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Blind Ambition - Alchemic Ale Series. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for 5 O'Clock Pils. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity