Double Chocolate Stout pours nearly black, letting very little light through. A nice thick, tan colored head sticks around to the last drop. The aroma is very chocolate forward with malt and hints of cream and vanilla. The mouthfeel is light for a stout, and the carbonation is a little lacking, making for a slight thinness that leaves you wanting it a bit, well, more stout. The taste is bittersweet chocolate and a nice, roasty malt bitter finish that balances well. There's a slight milky dairy aftertaste that builds as you continue to sip through the bottle. It's not a stout stout, so it's great for those who are looking for a nice, well balanced, super drinkable and enjoyable chocolate stout without getting scared.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 listened to On the Boulevard. 23 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for IPA 395. 53 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Le Jus. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Bohemian Hopsody. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Sierra Nevada / Boulevard Terra Incognita. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Station 101. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for God Complex Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Alaskan Winter Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity