Witchfinder pours a color that falls between deep gold and pale amber and is very effervescent. White, bubbly head with high carbonation apparent as soon as you open the bottle. Barnyard funk aroma that immediately tells you this is a saison, and one of high quality. Taste is perfectly dry with some fruit esters of apricot, pear, and lemon, and some herbal hop notes. A bit of spice - maybe cloves and black pepper? Woody, oak flavors provide a smoothness and complexity. Plus the wheat and pilsner malt create a soft, dry, cracker-like texture. This is conditioned with Brettanomyces, but the Brett flavors are fairly muted in the taste. Some funk, of course, but there are more herbal and spice flavors than anything else. Medium body, slightly bitter yet crisp and refreshing in the finish. Really outstanding saison and true to style with a complexity allowing lots to talk about.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 and 1 other listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Pride Of cHops. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Southern Resident Killer Whale IPA. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Saint Archer Blonde Ale. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Zero Buttons IPA. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Pear Ginger Beer. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity