The Dubbel from Westmalle is more fruit forward and tart than your standard Belgian Dubbel. It pours a dark red, raisin-like color with a substantial amount of light tan head. It is well carbonated with a smooth mouthfeel. The flavor mixes dark fruits like plum and fig with a Belgian yeast breadiness. The aftertaste has a pleasant green apple tartness. Westmalle has veered from the traditional formula with surprising and outstanding results.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 42 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Fields of Green: Crosby Comet. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Universal Secret. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Wolf Mother Triple IPA. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to San Diego Part 1. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 805 Cerveza. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Oberon Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity