The Seer is light gold in color, mostly clear but slightly hazy. Head is frothy and about one finger thick and seems to last forever. Very inviting aroma of oak barrels and Brettanomyces yeast. Taste has a rustic oak and wood flavor. The malts are wheaty and cracker-like. Maybe a bit of pear or white grape, but there isn't a lot of fruit flavors, which is atypical for a saison but makes this pretty unique. And there is a distinct earthy hoppiness which really enhances the complexity. Light bodied and well carbonated. Dry mouthfeel and a dry finish. A high quality, hoppy take on a saison that we find to be very enjoyable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Oak Aged Saison. 45 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Island Brewing Company Blonde Ale. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Old Fashioned Lemonade IPA. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Ellison Tiramisu Stout. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for 60 Days Dry Aged Stout. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Deadly Combination: Nelson + Mosaic. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for The Brew Bitch IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity