Santa's Little Helper with Coffee & Cacao (2018)
This version of Santa's Little Helper is made with coffee & cacao and it pours a very dark brown color with a half finger thick head that is dark khaki in color. The head thins quickly but leaves a nice, sticky lacing. Very aromatic with intense notes of black coffee and vanilla. The taste is quite bitter right off the bat, along with bold and intense malt flavors. Less cacao flavor than we expected, but there is a chili pepper spice that seems to kick you in the face. From start to finish, there's a robust malt profile coupled with a hoppy bitterness. Not for the faint of heart, but this is a complex Christmas beer that imperial stout aficionados should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to Three Dogfish Night Joy to the World. 16 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Spotted Cow. 45 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Alpine Duet. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Heart of Stone. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Hop Sounds. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Fat Head's Head Hunter. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for ALL CAPS. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity