Santa's Little Helper with Coffee & Cacao (2018)
This version of Santa's Little Helper is made with coffee & cacao and it pours a very dark brown color with a half finger thick head that is dark khaki in color. The head thins quickly but leaves a nice, sticky lacing. Very aromatic with intense notes of black coffee and vanilla. The taste is quite bitter right off the bat, along with bold and intense malt flavors. Less cacao flavor than we expected, but there is a chili pepper spice that seems to kick you in the face. From start to finish, there's a robust malt profile coupled with a hoppy bitterness. Not for the faint of heart, but this is a complex Christmas beer that imperial stout aficionados should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Ultra Violet Blackberry Sour Ale. 41 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mogli. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Samuel Adams Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity