Color is very dark brown with ½ finger of brown, soapy head. It thins to a nice film, and leaves some oily lacing on the glass. Big, bold aroma of dark malt, chocolate and coffee. With the taste, we get chocolate, coffee, chicory, and vanilla. Subtle oak and whiskey flavors from the barrel-aging. Mild sweetness, with some brown sugar and molasses. The 75 IBUs is surprising, as we get a good amount of hop flavors but there’s no obvious bitterness in this beer. Medium body, not thick or heavy, with a slick mouthfeel. Finish is so smooth, we would have never guessed 13.5% ABV. Barrel aged stouts are perfect this time of year and this one is quite nice.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Summertime Brews. 6 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Lizard's Mouth Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Sounds. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Flying Fish XPA. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Uppercut IPA. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Shepplekofeggan. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity