Color is very dark brown with ½ finger of brown, soapy head. It thins to a nice film, and leaves some oily lacing on the glass. Big, bold aroma of dark malt, chocolate and coffee. With the taste, we get chocolate, coffee, chicory, and vanilla. Subtle oak and whiskey flavors from the barrel-aging. Mild sweetness, with some brown sugar and molasses. The 75 IBUs is surprising, as we get a good amount of hop flavors but there’s no obvious bitterness in this beer. Medium body, not thick or heavy, with a slick mouthfeel. Finish is so smooth, we would have never guessed 13.5% ABV. Barrel aged stouts are perfect this time of year and this one is quite nice.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 40 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale