Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest
Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest is a bolder, more Americanized take on the Oktobertfest style. It pours a clear, coppery orange color with a thin white head. The aroma pairs caramel toffee sweetness with some peppery hops. This beer approaches the next beer style on the calendar, borrowing some qualities from pumpkin beers (minus the nutmeg and other festive spices). They say everything is bigger in Texas, and this certainly has the biggest, boldest flavor of any Oktoberfest beers we've tried this season. It finishes with a cola-like mouthfeel with equal amounts sweetness and carbonation, providing loads of flavor and bubbles that last and last.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson listened to Stouterday Night Live. 11 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for FV 13. 57 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Stone Thunderstruck IPA (19th Anniversary). 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Boo Koo IPA. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Exemption (Peach Brandy Barrel). 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for BORIS The Crusher Reserve. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for 3 Best Friends Coffee Vanilla Lager. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity