Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest
Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest is a bolder, more Americanized take on the Oktobertfest style. It pours a clear, coppery orange color with a thin white head. The aroma pairs caramel toffee sweetness with some peppery hops. This beer approaches the next beer style on the calendar, borrowing some qualities from pumpkin beers (minus the nutmeg and other festive spices). They say everything is bigger in Texas, and this certainly has the biggest, boldest flavor of any Oktoberfest beers we've tried this season. It finishes with a cola-like mouthfeel with equal amounts sweetness and carbonation, providing loads of flavor and bubbles that last and last.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Betty IPA. 7 minutes ago
- Pollyannabanana commented on beer Thirsty Frog Red Ale. 32 minutes ago
- jbcurtis and 1 other added a rating for Angelica. 1 hour ago
- IPAman listened to Christmas Show 2018. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Purple Haze. 3 hours ago
- DadMike and 1 other added a rating for Infinite Wishes 2017. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Amarilla Gorilla IPA. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Citrus Wheat Beer. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity