Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest
Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest is a bolder, more Americanized take on the Oktobertfest style. It pours a clear, coppery orange color with a thin white head. The aroma pairs caramel toffee sweetness with some peppery hops. This beer approaches the next beer style on the calendar, borrowing some qualities from pumpkin beers (minus the nutmeg and other festive spices). They say everything is bigger in Texas, and this certainly has the biggest, boldest flavor of any Oktoberfest beers we've tried this season. It finishes with a cola-like mouthfeel with equal amounts sweetness and carbonation, providing loads of flavor and bubbles that last and last.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 29 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tre Fontane Tripel Trappist Ale. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Flocculative Tendencies. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 and 1 other listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Erdinger Oktoberfest. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Murk Man IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity