In honor of what would have been Tom Petty's 70th birthday this week, today's beer is Petty Hazy IPA from 2Toms Brewing in Fort Wayne, IN. It pours a deep gold/light amber colored hazy beer with a substantial amount of foamy white head. The aroma is a combination of citrus and stone fruit (peach, apricot and nectarine). The taste focuses more on the citrus and retains just a hint of the sweet fruit flavors. The citra and galaxy hops blend well to create a flavorful hop bitterness that balances out the taste. It appears we are at the end of this beer's run. But with the great taste and the great sentiment, its return is all but guaranteed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Just Outstanding IPA. Less than a minute ago.
- snfan13 added a rating for Amalgamator. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Critical Band. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hop 2 It (Idaho Gem). 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Whale Bay. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity