Hütte Double IPA
Color is mostly clear, amber or light copper. Head is thick, off-white, with good retention. Very appealing aroma with both malt and hops that seem to be tropical or melon-like. On the taste, there’s a great balance between the hops and a semi-sweet, bready malt base; maltier than most California beers. Hop flavors are across the board, with tropical fruit, citrus, and melon, but then a piney resin on the back end that creates a wonderful stickiness. The alcohol doesn’t shy away, with a 9.5% ABV that you can’t miss, especially if you’re drinking this at a high altitude like June Lake. Medium to full body but light on the carbonation. Finish is sweet but also bitter, with the booziness and 95 IBUs reminding you that this is no lightweight Double IPA. Definitely one to keep you warm on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Secret Admirer. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Dorado. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Elevation Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Campfire Stout with Coffee. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for 559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale). 5 hours ago
- lauralane listened to White Night. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Breck IPA. 8 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Firestone Pale 31. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity