Hutte Double IPA
Color is mostly clear, amber or light copper. Head is thick, off-white, with good retention. Very appealing aroma with both malt and hops that seem to be tropical or melon-like. On the taste, there's a great balance between the hops and a semi-sweet, bready malt base; maltier than most California beers. Hop flavors are across the board, with tropical fruit, citrus, and melon, but then a piney resin on the back end that creates a wonderful stickiness. The alcohol doesn't shy away, with a 9.5% ABV that you can't miss, especially if you're drinking this at a high altitude like June Lake. Medium to full body but light on the carbonation. Finish is sweet but also bitter, with the booziness and 95 IBUs reminding you that this is no lightweight Double IPA. Definitely one to keep you warm on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Cross of Gold. 41 minutes ago
- Alexa and 1 other added a rating for Arrogant Bastard Ale. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Goosed. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bronx Brewery Rye Ale. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Intergalactic Space Tuber. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Victory Festbier. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Tunnel Vision. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity