Hütte Double IPA
Color is mostly clear, amber or light copper. Head is thick, off-white, with good retention. Very appealing aroma with both malt and hops that seem to be tropical or melon-like. On the taste, there’s a great balance between the hops and a semi-sweet, bready malt base; maltier than most California beers. Hop flavors are across the board, with tropical fruit, citrus, and melon, but then a piney resin on the back end that creates a wonderful stickiness. The alcohol doesn’t shy away, with a 9.5% ABV that you can’t miss, especially if you’re drinking this at a high altitude like June Lake. Medium to full body but light on the carbonation. Finish is sweet but also bitter, with the booziness and 95 IBUs reminding you that this is no lightweight Double IPA. Definitely one to keep you warm on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Urumea Donostiako Pale Ale. 33 minutes ago
- plarson listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Latitude 33 Blood Orange IPA. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Everyone Gose Mad. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Starburst IPA. 7 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to What's My Name Again?. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity