Hutte Double IPA
Color is mostly clear, amber or light copper. Head is thick, off-white, with good retention. Very appealing aroma with both malt and hops that seem to be tropical or melon-like. On the taste, there's a great balance between the hops and a semi-sweet, bready malt base; maltier than most California beers. Hop flavors are across the board, with tropical fruit, citrus, and melon, but then a piney resin on the back end that creates a wonderful stickiness. The alcohol doesn't shy away, with a 9.5% ABV that you can't miss, especially if you're drinking this at a high altitude like June Lake. Medium to full body but light on the carbonation. Finish is sweet but also bitter, with the booziness and 95 IBUs reminding you that this is no lightweight Double IPA. Definitely one to keep you warm on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Raspberry AF. 36 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to San Diego Part 1. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Critical Band. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Local's Stash: BBA Lawyers, Guns & Money. 6 hours ago
- bcsbernie commented on beer 50 FT Jackrabbit. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity