Hutte Double IPA
Color is mostly clear, amber or light copper. Head is thick, off-white, with good retention. Very appealing aroma with both malt and hops that seem to be tropical or melon-like. On the taste, there's a great balance between the hops and a semi-sweet, bready malt base; maltier than most California beers. Hop flavors are across the board, with tropical fruit, citrus, and melon, but then a piney resin on the back end that creates a wonderful stickiness. The alcohol doesn't shy away, with a 9.5% ABV that you can't miss, especially if you're drinking this at a high altitude like June Lake. Medium to full body but light on the carbonation. Finish is sweet but also bitter, with the booziness and 95 IBUs reminding you that this is no lightweight Double IPA. Definitely one to keep you warm on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged). 27 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Achel 8 Blond. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Betty IPA. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Oskar Blues IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Chau Tien Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity