Hutte Double IPA
Color is mostly clear, amber or light copper. Head is thick, off-white, with good retention. Very appealing aroma with both malt and hops that seem to be tropical or melon-like. On the taste, there's a great balance between the hops and a semi-sweet, bready malt base; maltier than most California beers. Hop flavors are across the board, with tropical fruit, citrus, and melon, but then a piney resin on the back end that creates a wonderful stickiness. The alcohol doesn't shy away, with a 9.5% ABV that you can't miss, especially if you're drinking this at a high altitude like June Lake. Medium to full body but light on the carbonation. Finish is sweet but also bitter, with the booziness and 95 IBUs reminding you that this is no lightweight Double IPA. Definitely one to keep you warm on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for General Sherman IPA - Double Dry Hopped. 4 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Mega Monster Imperial IPA. 36 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Super Beta. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Origin DIPA. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Icelandic Winter Ale (2016). 5 hours ago
- Alexa listened to All About the Stout. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity