Cheers to National Beer Day! One of the finest around, Kentucky Breakfast Stout pours pitch black with a thick brown head. The head is creamy but recedes to a nice film, leaving lots of lacing on the glass. Strong aroma of coffee, vanilla, and oak. On the taste, we get a long list of flavors including coffee, vanilla, milk chocolate, cacao nibs, raisins, and dark cherries. Mouthfeel is sticky and velvety, and overall feel is extremely smooth for how fresh this is. The flavors get more intense as it warms. Not at all boozy, as you can hardly taste the 12.3%. But there are sweet bourbon notes that sneak in on the back-end as the coffee and chocolate let up. Always lots of hype and this beer does not disappoint!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 35 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 3 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity