Fera Fermentum pours a crystal clear, gold color. Almost no head, except for a thin layer of tiny white bubbles that congregate around the edge of the glass. Aroma is slightly sour with a bit of Brett funk. Taste is exceptional. Not nearly as sour as the aroma would suggest, it's more crisp with lots of fruit including peach, apricot, and green apple. Mouthfeel is buttery but also sharp, similar to some white wines, which probably comes from the aging in chardonnay barrels. Light carbonation and light body. You can taste the oak from the barrels, but just a hint of the Brett in the taste. Smooth and crisp, this is a perfect beer to enjoy on a hot summer day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 27 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Silver Lake Saison. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Shower Beer (Champion Brewing Company). 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Saint Archer Blonde Ale. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to New Glory Days. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Champs de Fraises. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity