Fera Fermentum pours a crystal clear, gold color. Almost no head, except for a thin layer of tiny white bubbles that congregate around the edge of the glass. Aroma is slightly sour with a bit of Brett funk. Taste is exceptional. Not nearly as sour as the aroma would suggest, it's more crisp with lots of fruit including peach, apricot, and green apple. Mouthfeel is buttery but also sharp, similar to some white wines, which probably comes from the aging in chardonnay barrels. Light carbonation and light body. You can taste the oak from the barrels, but just a hint of the Brett in the taste. Smooth and crisp, this is a perfect beer to enjoy on a hot summer day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 6 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 59 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity