Fera Fermentum pours a crystal clear, gold color. Almost no head, except for a thin layer of tiny white bubbles that congregate around the edge of the glass. Aroma is slightly sour with a bit of Brett funk. Taste is exceptional. Not nearly as sour as the aroma would suggest, it's more crisp with lots of fruit including peach, apricot, and green apple. Mouthfeel is buttery but also sharp, similar to some white wines, which probably comes from the aging in chardonnay barrels. Light carbonation and light body. You can taste the oak from the barrels, but just a hint of the Brett in the taste. Smooth and crisp, this is a perfect beer to enjoy on a hot summer day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 53 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to On the Boulevard. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Big Wave Golden Ale. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Homo Erectus. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA