Fera Fermentum pours a crystal clear, gold color. Almost no head, except for a thin layer of tiny white bubbles that congregate around the edge of the glass. Aroma is slightly sour with a bit of Brett funk. Taste is exceptional. Not nearly as sour as the aroma would suggest, it's more crisp with lots of fruit including peach, apricot, and green apple. Mouthfeel is buttery but also sharp, similar to some white wines, which probably comes from the aging in chardonnay barrels. Light carbonation and light body. You can taste the oak from the barrels, but just a hint of the Brett in the taste. Smooth and crisp, this is a perfect beer to enjoy on a hot summer day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 32 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity