Inspired by the Danish-themed town of Solvang, nearby the brewery, this Danish-themed Red Ale offers a little malty European styling to what is usually a hoppy affair in California. It pours a light brown color with red highlights and almost no head to speak of. The aroma features toasted malts with rye and brown sugar. The flavors feature sweet caramel malts and an almond nuttiness, with a touch of smoke. The earthy hops balance out the sweetness in this beer well. This style is less popular than it used to be, but this offering brings that trend into question.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer and 1 other added a rating for Glitter & Gold. 31 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Killian's Irish Red. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Time Traveller (2017). 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Prost Y'all - Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Ode etta Sahti. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for ber Affengeil. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Hop Streaker. 7 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Beard Tax. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity