Inspired by the Danish-themed town of Solvang, nearby the brewery, this Danish-themed Red Ale offers a little malty European styling to what is usually a hoppy affair in California. It pours a light brown color with red highlights and almost no head to speak of. The aroma features toasted malts with rye and brown sugar. The flavors feature sweet caramel malts and an almond nuttiness, with a touch of smoke. The earthy hops balance out the sweetness in this beer well. This style is less popular than it used to be, but this offering brings that trend into question.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to California Grab Bag. 29 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mogli. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Dubbel Czech. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for The Experiment - Batch #1. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Operation IPA Overload. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Billie Cantaloupe Gose. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Newcastle. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for 559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity