Cathedral Tree is a barrel-fermented pilsner that clocks in at 4.8% abv. Golden color, mostly clear but with a light haze. Thin, white, bubbly head. Pilsner malt aroma with just a touch of oak barrel in the nose. On the taste, there are fruit flavors like pear, apply, and maybe berry. Plenty of bready malt in the taste, with a black pepper bite. Mouthfeel is clean and crisp and refreshing. This is an interesting take on the style with the barrel fermentation. Not a huge amount of oaky flavors that might completely change this style, but there’s certainly more so than your standard pilsner.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Dayglow IPA. 37 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Brooklyn Local 1. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Foam Top. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for PDX Carpet IPA. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Dark Star Black Kolsch. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Smashed Blueberry. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity