Bitter Valentine pours a deep gold or light amber color. It's fairly clear but not entirely transparent. Head is off-white, creamy and fluffy, with good retention and plenty of lacing. Aroma is hoppy and dank with citrus and pine. That carries over to the flavor, where the resinous pine and citrus take center stage. There's support from the bready malts that turn to a brown sugar and honey sweetness, which combined provide a nice balance to the hops. It's not all that bitter, despite the name, but the bitterness does seem to accumulate in the finish. Mouthfeel is creamy with a medium body. Finishes smooth with a nice mix between the citrus bitterness and malt sweetness. We're not bitter-Happy Valentine's Day from our crew to yours!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 16 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Trade Bait. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for El Sully. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Kirin Ichiban. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity