Yuengling Traditional Lager, the most popular beer from the oldest continuously operating brewery in the United States, is #4 behind the big three American Macro Beers in terms of sales. But it's miles ahead in flavor. It pours a deep amber color with a medium off-white head and a mild grain and grassy hop aroma. The flavor consists of mildly sweet caramel malts and some mild hop spice in the aftertaste. The beer keeps the caramel malts reserved so as not to be too sweet or heavy, remaining light bodied, smooth and drinkable. Because of its low cost and good flavor, it's easy to see how the sales stack up so well against Budweiser and MillerCoors. However, Yuengling is missing the boat without distribution to the 40 million people in the nation's most populous state as well as many other states west of the Mississippi.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller added a rating for Fernprost. 17 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Sweet Ride. 17 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Diamond Dust. 21 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- HankW commented on beer Hooter Brown Ale. 1 hour ago
- HankW uploaded a photo for beer Hooter Brown Ale. 1 hour ago
- HankW added a rating for Hooter Brown Ale. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning listened to DIPA Thoughts. 1 hour ago
- More Latest Activity