Wizard Burial Ground 2017
Color is clear, reddish amber with ½ finger of off-white, frothy head. Dissipates quickly with minimal lacing. Boozy aroma of whiskey, dark fruit, and malt. Taste is fairly sweet with Belgian candi sugar flavors as well as red apple and dark fruit like cherry, fig, raisin, and date. Caramel malt and molasses. Some vanilla and oak barrel flavor are noticeable as well, with a lot of the bourbon sweetness which ends up hiding some of the booziness. And at 11.8% it goes down really easily. Mouthfeel is velvety, syrupy, and warming. For some reason it reminds us of apple brandy. Light carbonation. Overall a bit on the sweet side, but it’s an excellent Barrel Aged Quad that we’d love to buy more and age for a few years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis and 1 other added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 13 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Sharkinator White IPA. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Chocolate Indulgence. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 6 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to It's a Trappist!. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity