Wizard Burial Ground 2017
Color is clear, reddish amber with a finger of off-white, frothy head. Dissipates quickly with minimal lacing. Boozy aroma of whiskey, dark fruit, and malt. Taste is fairly sweet with Belgian candi sugar flavors as well as red apple and dark fruit like cherry, fig, raisin, and date. Caramel malt and molasses. Some vanilla and oak barrel flavor are noticeable as well, with a lot of the bourbon sweetness which ends up hiding some of the booziness. And at 11.8% it goes down really easily. Mouthfeel is velvety, syrupy, and warming. For some reason it reminds us of apple brandy. Light carbonation. Overall a bit on the sweet side, but it's an excellent Barrel Aged Quad that we'd love to buy more and age for a few years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy. 35 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Reuben's Mosaic Crush. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Miami Gras. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Islander IPA. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for American Sour (2015). 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Rahr & Sons Pumpkin. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Fullerton Haze Hop Blend No. 6. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity