Wizard Burial Ground 2017
Color is clear, reddish amber with a finger of off-white, frothy head. Dissipates quickly with minimal lacing. Boozy aroma of whiskey, dark fruit, and malt. Taste is fairly sweet with Belgian candi sugar flavors as well as red apple and dark fruit like cherry, fig, raisin, and date. Caramel malt and molasses. Some vanilla and oak barrel flavor are noticeable as well, with a lot of the bourbon sweetness which ends up hiding some of the booziness. And at 11.8% it goes down really easily. Mouthfeel is velvety, syrupy, and warming. For some reason it reminds us of apple brandy. Light carbonation. Overall a bit on the sweet side, but it's an excellent Barrel Aged Quad that we'd love to buy more and age for a few years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 listened to Sactown Brews. 32 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Fulton Barrel Aged Proper Porter. 1 hour ago
- Wildflowers4u commented on beer Two Hearted Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Redemption. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Beer V. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for King Sue. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to It's a Trappist!. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Orange Blossom Blonde Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity