Wizard Burial Ground 2017
Color is clear, reddish amber with a finger of off-white, frothy head. Dissipates quickly with minimal lacing. Boozy aroma of whiskey, dark fruit, and malt. Taste is fairly sweet with Belgian candi sugar flavors as well as red apple and dark fruit like cherry, fig, raisin, and date. Caramel malt and molasses. Some vanilla and oak barrel flavor are noticeable as well, with a lot of the bourbon sweetness which ends up hiding some of the booziness. And at 11.8% it goes down really easily. Mouthfeel is velvety, syrupy, and warming. For some reason it reminds us of apple brandy. Light carbonation. Overall a bit on the sweet side, but it's an excellent Barrel Aged Quad that we'd love to buy more and age for a few years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Rod Rye. 39 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fruit Tramp. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis listened to Hop o' The Morning. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Rosebud Special Ale. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for The Sister. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to What's My Name Again?. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity