Wizard Burial Ground 2017
Color is clear, reddish amber with a finger of off-white, frothy head. Dissipates quickly with minimal lacing. Boozy aroma of whiskey, dark fruit, and malt. Taste is fairly sweet with Belgian candi sugar flavors as well as red apple and dark fruit like cherry, fig, raisin, and date. Caramel malt and molasses. Some vanilla and oak barrel flavor are noticeable as well, with a lot of the bourbon sweetness which ends up hiding some of the booziness. And at 11.8% it goes down really easily. Mouthfeel is velvety, syrupy, and warming. For some reason it reminds us of apple brandy. Light carbonation. Overall a bit on the sweet side, but it's an excellent Barrel Aged Quad that we'd love to buy more and age for a few years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Harvest Wet Hop IPA. 1 minute ago
- lposada added a rating for Molecular Self Assembly. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 and 1 other added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Brooklyn Local 1. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Chau Tien Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Red Glove. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity