Wizard Burial Ground 2017
Color is clear, reddish amber with a finger of off-white, frothy head. Dissipates quickly with minimal lacing. Boozy aroma of whiskey, dark fruit, and malt. Taste is fairly sweet with Belgian candi sugar flavors as well as red apple and dark fruit like cherry, fig, raisin, and date. Caramel malt and molasses. Some vanilla and oak barrel flavor are noticeable as well, with a lot of the bourbon sweetness which ends up hiding some of the booziness. And at 11.8% it goes down really easily. Mouthfeel is velvety, syrupy, and warming. For some reason it reminds us of apple brandy. Light carbonation. Overall a bit on the sweet side, but it's an excellent Barrel Aged Quad that we'd love to buy more and age for a few years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Gyroscope. 24 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2016). 50 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Light Speed. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 2 hours ago
- dheliker and 1 other uploaded a photo for beer Petty. 3 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for Petty. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Umbrella Single-Hop IPA. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Blam! Blam!. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity