Color is clear, reddish amber with a finger of off-white, frothy head. Dissipates quickly with minimal lacing. Boozy aroma of whiskey, dark fruit, and malt. Taste is fairly sweet with Belgian candi sugar flavors as well as red apple and dark fruit like cherry, fig, raisin, and date. Caramel malt and molasses. Some vanilla and oak barrel flavor are noticeable as well, with a lot of the bourbon sweetness which ends up hiding some of the booziness. And at 11.8% it goes down really easily. Mouthfeel is velvety, syrupy, and warming. For some reason it reminds us of apple brandy. Light carbonation. Overall a bit on the sweet side, but it's an excellent Barrel Aged Quad that we'd love to buy more and age for a few years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 23 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity