Vallis Aurea pours a light copper, almost amber color, clear for the style. It has a very thin but fizzy head. The aroma is quite strong with some Belgian qualities and a fair amount of alcohol burn, letting you know this is a strong beer. The flavor is exactly as advertised by the aroma with a lot of Brett noticeable on the initial sip followed by an oaky, warming booziness. This is chased by a slight honey sweetness in the aftertaste that helps prevent any kick. Ours was bottled in 2015 and it appears to have been limited in its release. So if you or your friend have a bottle stashed away somewhere, it's best to get a group together and give it a shot.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 21 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Tap It IPA. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA. 5 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Happy New Beer!. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity