Vallis Aurea pours a light copper, almost amber color, clear for the style. It has a very thin but fizzy head. The aroma is quite strong with some Belgian qualities and a fair amount of alcohol burn, letting you know this is a strong beer. The flavor is exactly as advertised by the aroma with a lot of Brett noticeable on the initial sip followed by an oaky, warming booziness. This is chased by a slight honey sweetness in the aftertaste that helps prevent any kick. Ours was bottled in 2015 and it appears to have been limited in its release. So if you or your friend have a bottle stashed away somewhere, it's best to get a group together and give it a shot.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to Portlandia. 10 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Think Tank #17. 42 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to LA LA Land. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Whimsy. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity