Vallis Aurea pours a light copper, almost amber color, clear for the style. It has a very thin but fizzy head. The aroma is quite strong with some Belgian qualities and a fair amount of alcohol burn, letting you know this is a strong beer. The flavor is exactly as advertised by the aroma with a lot of Brett noticeable on the initial sip followed by an oaky, warming booziness. This is chased by a slight honey sweetness in the aftertaste that helps prevent any kick. Ours was bottled in 2015 and it appears to have been limited in its release. So if you or your friend have a bottle stashed away somewhere, it's best to get a group together and give it a shot.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 35 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Buena Vista IPA. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Vicinity. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Hop Whoopin'. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Compunction. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Double Chuuurch!. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity