Vallis Aurea pours a light copper, almost amber color, clear for the style. It has a very thin but fizzy head. The aroma is quite strong with some Belgian qualities and a fair amount of alcohol burn, letting you know this is a strong beer. The flavor is exactly as advertised by the aroma with a lot of Brett noticeable on the initial sip followed by an oaky, warming booziness. This is chased by a slight honey sweetness in the aftertaste that helps prevent any kick. Ours was bottled in 2015 and it appears to have been limited in its release. So if you or your friend have a bottle stashed away somewhere, it's best to get a group together and give it a shot.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 13 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for pFriem Super Saison. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Lord Grey. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for The Fix (2018). 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer and 2 others listened to Seattle Show. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Wake Up Call Imperial Coffee Porter. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Ninja vs. Unicorn. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity