Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel
The gin barrel aged offering from Sierra Nevada's Trip in the Woods series pours a dark golden color with a two finger fine bubbled white head that recedes to a half finger ring around the glass. There's visible sediment suspended and floating all around that doesn't seem to sink, seemingly buoyed up by the lively carbonation. Aroma is subtle - mostly Belgian yeast but not really too distinguishable. The taste is bright but intense. Up front, it's warming like a Tripel, with notes of bread and maybe a little banana. The sweet boozyness hits next, followed by the botanic you would expect to be imparted from a gin barrel: juniper. It's complex though, with hints of honeysuckle, peach, ripe pear, and ripe banana.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 9 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Here Gose Nothin'. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lot No. 3 IPA. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for The Orange Curtain. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 and 1 other listened to Stone, Cold. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Round Midnight Belgian White. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Stout at the Devil