The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it's a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There's a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer - surely the first and the best we've had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Sanctification. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Le Jus. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Weedwacker. 7 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Blue Boar Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity