The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it’s a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There’s a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer – surely the first and the best we’ve had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Exit 10 Trail Mix. 13 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Grätzer. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Stone Mocha IPA. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Jacaranda. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for El Jeffe American Wheat. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for More is More. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for 11th Anniversary Barleywine. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity