The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it’s a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There’s a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer – surely the first and the best we’ve had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Crush Cucumber Sour. 54 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to IPAs East and West. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Solis Occasus. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for The Red Glove. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Only Echoes Respond. 7 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Portlandia. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity