The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it's a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There's a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer - surely the first and the best we've had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Saison de Lis. 59 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Union Jack. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Last Chance IPA. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Benchmark Brewing Co. IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other listened to California Grab Bag. 5 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity