The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it’s a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There’s a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer – surely the first and the best we’ve had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for PsycHOPathy IPA. 4 minutes ago
- RexMundi commented on beer Allagash Curieux. 39 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Another One. 50 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Redemption. 1 hour ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Mirror Universe. 3 hours ago
- RexMundi added a rating for Allagash Curieux. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Oktoberfestivus. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity