The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it’s a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There’s a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer – surely the first and the best we’ve had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to The Dark and the Pale. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium + Ben & Jerry's). 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Berry the Hatchet. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Clear AF IPA. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to L.A. Beers. 7 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for 11 Pipers Piping. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity