The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it’s a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There’s a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer – surely the first and the best we’ve had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for The Orange Curtain. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Epic Barley Wine . 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Every Day, Once a Day, Give Yourself an IPA. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Crosby Hop Farm Sterling Wet Hop Pilsner. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Machine House Golden Ale. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Alaskan Summer Ale. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for San Diego Pale Ale .394. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity