The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it’s a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There’s a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer – surely the first and the best we’ve had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for East River IPA. 2 hours ago
- plarson listened to October Spectacular!. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Sam Adams Boston Lager. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Strawberry Milkshake IPA. 7 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Ginnepin Saison Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
St. Paddy's Day Show
Kabru West Coast IPA