Big Sur Double IPA pours a clear, golden amber color. Lots of ascending bubbles support a substantial, white foamy head. Aroma is fairly mild, which is misleading for how much flavor the beer has once you take a sip. Taste is super hoppy but balanced with plenty of malt. Hops are strong, with an in-your-face bitterness that DIPA lovers tend to enjoy. Very dank, with peach flavors being most noticeable, but also resinous pine and tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is chewy and sticky, with some serious mouth coating. Some malty sweetness on the finish. Medium to full body. The 9.6% isn't boozy, but this is one where the alcohol sneaks up on you. It's a big, bold DIPA and one that we're happy to get our hands on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 48 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Blind Ambition - Alchemic Ale Series. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for 5 O'Clock Pils. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Double Doors. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Oskar Blues IPA. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Imperial Frambozen with Cocoa. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity