Big Sur Double IPA pours a clear, golden amber color. Lots of ascending bubbles support a substantial, white foamy head. Aroma is fairly mild, which is misleading for how much flavor the beer has once you take a sip. Taste is super hoppy but balanced with plenty of malt. Hops are strong, with an in-your-face bitterness that DIPA lovers tend to enjoy. Very dank, with peach flavors being most noticeable, but also resinous pine and tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is chewy and sticky, with some serious mouth coating. Some malty sweetness on the finish. Medium to full body. The 9.6% isn't boozy, but this is one where the alcohol sneaks up on you. It's a big, bold DIPA and one that we're happy to get our hands on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 37 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hang 'em High. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Maduro. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Chasing Nelson. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Filbert. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity