Sumatra Mountain Brown pours a fairly clear, dark reddish brown color. The head is tan colored and thin, but leaves some lacing on the glass. Aroma is robust; remarkably similar to the smell you get when you walk into a coffee shop that has just finished roasting coffee beans. On the taste, there's a bit less coffee than we get in the aroma. Some malt, caramel, and chocolate, but the coffee flavors still dominate. Earthy bitterness from the hops with an alkaline mouthfeel and a body that is lighter than expected. The 9% ABV is mostly hidden. Extremely smooth flavor and a nice representative for the coffee beer style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Rve Coffee Stout - Mocha Hazelnut . 46 minutes ago
- Irishnc listened to Founders. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to Pacific Northwest. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Derivative: El Dorado. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for 2nd Shift Brewing Kolsch. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for East River IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity