Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending "champagne-like" tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There's woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you'd expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to On the Boulevard. 16 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to No Pumpkins Here. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Big Wave Golden Ale. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Homo Erectus. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Tovarish. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA