Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending "champagne-like" tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There's woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you'd expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 3 minutes ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer 4th of Juicy. 8 minutes ago
- dheliker added a rating for 4th of Juicy. 10 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Windows Up. 55 minutes ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Cloud Surfer. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Corona Premier. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star: Coffee Edition (2017). 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity