Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending "champagne-like" tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There's woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you'd expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Tea Weiss. 21 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lizard People. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for White Sand Imperial IPA. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Beers Up North. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Love Child No. 5. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Got Damn. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity