Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending "champagne-like" tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There's woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you'd expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Senor Saison. 35 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Happy Hops. 2 hours ago
- plarson listened to L.A. Beers. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Infinite Void Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Booming Rollers. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity