St. Peter's Cream Stout isn't like the stouts you get from the left side of the pond. It pours dark, nearly black, with minimal cream head that doesn't stick around for the first sip. It smells like roasted malts, maybe a little brown sugar, but all very subtle. Where it differs from American stouts is in its super low carbonation that makes the mouthfeel quite light and very velvety. It's smooth as silk, creamy, and if you close your eyes and imagine a little, you'd nearly think you're drinking chocolate milk. It's pretty chocolatey on the nose, with dark molasses and roasted malt flavors bringing up the rear. A slight bitter finish comes in quite late. Better to drink this one quick, we enjoyed it better cold.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Maracuja. 24 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 300. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity