This version of Santa's Little Helper is made with coffee & cacao and it pours a very dark brown color with a half finger thick head that is dark khaki in color. The head thins quickly but leaves a nice, sticky lacing. Very aromatic with intense notes of black coffee and vanilla. The taste is quite bitter right off the bat, along with bold and intense malt flavors. Less cacao flavor than we expected, but there is a chili pepper spice that seems to kick you in the face. From start to finish, there's a robust malt profile coupled with a hoppy bitterness. Not for the faint of heart, but this is a complex Christmas beer that imperial stout aficionados should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Calm Before the Storm. 23 minutes ago
- plarson listened to Hazy Beer Quartet. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Revision IPA. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Strange Green Beer, Apical Dominance, 4/20 and more!. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Eastbound and Downed. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity