Ponto Session IPA pours a slightly hazy straw color with some tiny carbonation bubbles. Those bubbles support a frothy white head that is long lasting for a beer that you can drink pretty quickly. Aroma of fresh citrus draws you into the initial taste of bready, doughy malts along with yeast. But immediately it turns hoppy with lemon and grapefruit citrus, along with floral and grassy flavors. Light body with an astringent mouthfeel and plenty of flavor for a beer at 4.5%. Classic West Coast bitterness in the finish, but it's not off-putting for the non-hop heads (like we know any!). While a lot of Session IPAs seem to lack flavor or depth, this stands out as one of the best in its category.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 39 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lips of Faith - Le Terroir (2015). 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Sactown Brews Revisited. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Weapon of Mass Seduction. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to LA LA Land. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Forever Cashmere. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity