Pours dark brown with one finger of tan colored, soapy head. Interesting aroma that is malty, sweet, and boozy in nature. Taste has a lot of barrel flavors, with oak and vanilla, plus dark fruit like raisin, fig, cherry, and dates. There’s brown sugar sweetness in the finish, but it’s well balanced and not too sweet. Rich flavors with a full body. The mouthfeel is creamy smooth and nicely carbonated. Belgian-style dubbel at its core, but this beer takes things in a different direction that really results in a worthwhile experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 24 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 300. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity