The Dubbel from Westmalle is more fruit forward and tart than your standard Belgian Dubbel. It pours a dark red, raisin-like color with a substantial amount of light tan head. It is well carbonated with a smooth mouthfeel. The flavor mixes dark fruits like plum and fig with a Belgian yeast breadiness. The aftertaste has a pleasant green apple tartness. Westmalle has veered from the traditional formula with surprising and outstanding results.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 45 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Sweet Baby Jesus. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Hogwaller Scramble. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Pacific Kolsch Highway. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for S'Mores. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Pacific Northwest. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity