The Dubbel from Westmalle is more fruit forward and tart than your standard Belgian Dubbel. It pours a dark red, raisin-like color with a substantial amount of light tan head. It is well carbonated with a smooth mouthfeel. The flavor mixes dark fruits like plum and fig with a Belgian yeast breadiness. The aftertaste has a pleasant green apple tartness. Westmalle has veered from the traditional formula with surprising and outstanding results.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Inclined IPA. 26 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale