Dark brown in color with almost no head. What head is there is also brown in color and creamy and oily in texture. Robust aroma with dark malt, chocolate, whiskey, and just a bit of vanilla. Taste is incredibly smooth, with a creamy, silky mouthfeel. Malty and slightly sweet, with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and lots of bourbon. There is definitely some vanilla present, but it’s more in the background which works really well. Medium to full bodied, but not too heavy. The brewery is known for their stouts, and this one was aged in Heaven Hill bourbon barrels. We were waiting for fall to try our first beer from Cycle Brewing and this did not disappoint.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 16 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Cougar. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Lagertha. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Panther. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Otra Vez. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to IPAs East and West. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Another One. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity