Dark brown in color with almost no head. What head is there is also brown in color and creamy and oily in texture. Robust aroma with dark malt, chocolate, whiskey, and just a bit of vanilla. Taste is incredibly smooth, with a creamy, silky mouthfeel. Malty and slightly sweet, with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and lots of bourbon. There is definitely some vanilla present, but it’s more in the background which works really well. Medium to full bodied, but not too heavy. The brewery is known for their stouts, and this one was aged in Heaven Hill bourbon barrels. We were waiting for fall to try our first beer from Cycle Brewing and this did not disappoint.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 44 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity