Dark brown in color with almost no head. What head is there is also brown in color and creamy and oily in texture. Robust aroma with dark malt, chocolate, whiskey, and just a bit of vanilla. Taste is incredibly smooth, with a creamy, silky mouthfeel. Malty and slightly sweet, with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and lots of bourbon. There is definitely some vanilla present, but it’s more in the background which works really well. Medium to full bodied, but not too heavy. The brewery is known for their stouts, and this one was aged in Heaven Hill bourbon barrels. We were waiting for fall to try our first beer from Cycle Brewing and this did not disappoint.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. 40 minutes ago
- Vette432 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium Ben & Jerry's). 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tower Station IPA. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hangar 24 Amarillo Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Head Full of Dynomite v.5. 7 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap