Sang Royal pours a clear, dark brown with a nice ruby red hue. Beautfiul appearance with a thin, off-white head. Mild aroma, but we get tart cherry, dates, and coffee. Taste is pretty sour but it's not harsh. But there is some acidic tartness. Within the sour world, it's not too sweet, and not too sour. Taste has a nice combination of fruit and oak barrel flavors. Dark fruit, perhaps cherry, fig, and grape. The barrel adds a lot of smoothness and depth to the mouthfeel. Easy to drink without any sour pucker. Well balanced - exactly what we look for in a sour beer. Clean, refreshing, and crisp. Cascade nailed it with this one!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 44 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 2 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity