Beautiful appearance that is reddish purple or cranberry in color, semi-transparent with some visible carbonation. Fizzy white head that disappears quickly. Aroma is strong with plenty of Brettanomyces presence, even after aging this for 5+ additional years in our cellar. The sourness is well contained; mild without any puckering. There's an herbal or earthy flavor and some blueberry notes, but less than we expected. Very woody, with huge flavor influence from the oak barrels. Light bodied, crisp, and refreshing. The 7.75% is well hidden. Perhaps some of the sourness and blueberry flavors faded over time, but even this 2013 packs a huge amount of flavor and stimulating tasting experience for any sour beer fan.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 48 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to No Pumpkins Here. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Big Wave Golden Ale. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Homo Erectus. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Tovarish. 6 hours ago
- DadMike and 1 other added a rating for Just One Thing...El Dorado. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA